Taco Bell Double Decker’s
Who doesn’t love hard & soft shells together with Velveeta cheese in between? Yes! Double Decker’s! Not a hard recipe at all and just like taco bell, but better homemade, right?
Ground Beef with taco bell seasoning, throw in some sautéed onions and peppers for more flavor and that’s it! It’s best to bake the hard shells in the oven for a little bit of time and heat the soft shells in the microwave, so that each are warm and soft for the Velveeta cheese to melt in between and act like a paste for the shells to stick together for perfect Double Decker Tacos!! I use Velveeta Cheese to hold as the paste, though refried beens work as a paste just as well! Use whichever you like best or switch it up!
- 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Chopped Lettuce
- Chopped Tomatoes
- 8 oz. Sour Cream
- Velveeta Cheese
- Hard & Soft Taco Shells
- Taco Bell Fajita Seasoning
- Brown meat in skillet; drain. Stir in the Taco Bell seasoning Mix and 3/4 cup water; stir.
- Bring to boil, simmer on medium-low heat about 10 minutes, while continuing to stir.
- Bake taco shells in oven on baking sheet at 300F for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove Tortillas from foil wrapper; place on microwaveable plate. Cover with paper towel. Microwave on high 30 sec.
- Once the mixture is prepared, the fun part begins! Spread each tortilla with 4 tsp of Velveeta Cheese Sauce; top with a taco shell. Fold the tortillas over hard shells and fill with meat, lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream and any other toppings you have! Makes 6 servings. 1 taco each.