Baked Brie Pastry with Raspberry Jam
Since we are now in the holiday season and coming up upon Christmas Eve, I thought I would share a favorite appetizer among my family and friends that I made last year for our Christmas Eve get together. A Baked Brie with Raspberry Jam on the inside! When this comes out of the oven and you make your first cut into it, there is nothing like it. The brie melts all over it. Have this plain itself, on toasted bread pieces or small crackers. The flavors are to die for either way! Any Jelly or Jam flavor will totally work with this, throw on any of your favorites or dip it and have the jam on the side. You are able to buy Brie Cheese in numerous sizes so depending on how large your get together is, make this appetizer small or larger to please the crowd! Its a hit, I promise 🙂
- (17 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package brie cheese, round (or use the large brie for a big get together!)
- 1⁄8 cup toasted almond, slices (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄4 cup raspberry preserves or 1⁄4 cup your favorite preserves
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Roll puff pastry out slightly.
- Place cheese wheel on top (leave rind on).
- Place preserves on top of cheese.
- Bundle Puff Pastry up and around the cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for five minutes.
- Serve with your favorite crackers.
Recipe Source: http://www.food.com